Reliability & Accessibility
Hydron-Aire has been providing leading edge, international award-winning innovation in heat pump technology since 1975. Hydron-Aire stands behind the products we recommend for all home or business heat pump system installs. Together, these products create a system that allows for multiple comfort zones to be maintained more efficiently than traditional systems.
EVi is suitable for residential and commercial new builds or retro fits. Let us design the perfect solution for your next project.
Hydron-Aire Evi System Products
Hydron-Aire EVi Air to Water Heat Pumps
The Hydron-Aire EVi Air to Water Heat Pump is the most efficient air source solution on the market today – approximately 3 to 4 times greater thermal efficiency than natural gas and uses innovative hydronic technology to supply energy to your home, including:
• Both heating and cooling; no need for a separate air conditioning unit
• Radiant floor heating and cooling
• Domestic hot water
Hydron-Aire Thermal Energy Storage Tanks
• Can be wired for 6 KW or 12 KW of auxiliary heat
• Built-in 230V pump relay
• Built-in low-voltage transformer
• 1-1/2 inch standard connection size
• Low standby heat loss with 2-inch foam insulation
• High-impact composite jacket material which cannot rust or corrode
Hydron-Aire Indirect Hot Water Tank
• Heavy Duty Construction & High Efficiency
• A seamless ½ inch cement lining provides long tank life • Plastic jacket will not rust, scratch or dent, eliminating damage and being maintenance-free
• 2-inch thick polyurethane foam insulation, when combined with the cement lining, allows less than 0.3F heat loss per hour
• No Sacrificial Anode Rod
• Reduces operation expenses by eliminating periodic inspection and replacement costs associated with maintaining an anode rod
• Factory installed and removable heat exchanger w/ unique cold water diffuser
• Field removable heat exchanger with top of tank connections
• Diffuser constantly washes the heat exchanger and reduces mineral build up by 50%
• Counterflow design increases heat exchanger output by more than 20%
Hydron-Aire EVi System Partners
B & D Air Handlers and Pumps
B & D Mfg., Inc. brings geothermal innovation to the forefront of green energy. As one of the leaders in geothermal, B & D plans to grow with the industry and continue to push the industry with creative ideas, quality products, and great distributor service.
• Available air handlers in sizes ranging from 1–5 tons w/ 10- or 15-kw electric backup and 5-speed ECM fans
• Also available are 26-116 hydronic pumps
Braeburn Systems LLC is one of the fastest-growing control manufacturers in the United States. Its dedicated team of specialists provides digital and electro-mechanical thermostats and humidity controls, residential and commercial zoning systems, and a wide range of accessories for installation by professional contractors worldwide.
• Available Wi-Fi-programmable thermostats with app control
HBX Control System Inc. is a leader in HVAC, Geothermal, Snowmelt, boiler staging, solar, and Thermostat controls.
• Available zone controls, thermostats, outdoor resets, sensors, and zone stats
Wilo is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of pumps and pump systems for water supply and air-conditioning technology.
• Available Wilo Star S model pumps
Service and Maintenance
Depending on the needed service, certain skilled trades may be required to perform the task. A refrigeration mechanic would be needed to service any part of the refrigeration system, while a plumber could repair leaks to water lines. An electrician may be required for any electrical servicing. Fortunately, most mechanical service companies employ all these trades, so it wouldn’t be hard to get assistance.
Like most heating and cooling systems, a seasonal check-up is required. The outdoor heat pump needs to be inspected for dirt and debris blocking the fans and coil, which can affect the efficiency of the unit. The outdoor unit should also be checked annually for refrigerant levels and pressure. Inside the home, there may be air filters or water filters that need changing. Additional maintenance may be suggested by the installer, depending on the system application for your home or building.
An air-to-water heat pump can last up to 20 years or longer if properly maintained. External factors such as installation location and local climate can have a bearing on the heat pump’s life span.
We stock almost all replacement parts at our warehouse in Manitoba, Canada.
Like any comfort system, the heat loss of the home or building is calculated. Once the heating and cooling requirements are determined, a system can be selected to meet those needs. Depending on the application and complexity of the system design, the installation process can range from 1 to 3 days.
Hydron-Aire stands behind the products we recommend for all home or business heat pump system installs.
Exploring the Benefits and Costs of Switching to the EVI Heat Pump
As the world collectively shifts towards sustainable solutions, industries are seeking innovative ways to reduce their environmental impact. In the realm of heating and cooling,…
Harnessing Heat Pumps and Air Exchangers: The Perfect Combo for Winnipeg’s Extreme Climate
Winnipeg, as we all know, is known for its long, frigid winters and hot summers. Efficient heating and ventilation systems are crucial for maintaining comfortable…
How long it takes to switch from a furnace to a heat pump
The demand for energy-efficient heating solutions has led many homeowners to consider replacing their traditional furnaces with heat pumps. Heat pumps offer numerous advantages, including…